Sticking Doors and Windows
If your doors and windows are difficult to open or close, it may indicate foundational issues, such as settling or sinking floors. With over 25 years of experience, Baker’s Waterproofing stands as the premier foundation repair company serving Pennsylvania and West Virginia. We’re committed to ensuring your home’s protection from structural hazards.
Contact us today if you’re experiencing sticking doors and windows.
What Are Sticking Doors and Windows?
Sticking doors and windows present difficulty or are even impossible to open and close properly. They may demand extra force or become jammed halfway. This often coincides with doors not fitting snugly into their frames.
These are indicators of structural concerns within your home. The frames may be experiencing flexing and bending around the windows and doors. You might even notice cracks in the drywall surrounding them—a notable indication of potential foundation issues. Among the most prevalent causes are foundation settlement and compromised crawl space supports. Overlooking sticking doors and windows can result in much more severe damage to your home.
What Causes Sticking Doors and Windows?
There are several reasons why sticking doors and windows occur:
- Settling foundations – Uneven foundation settlement can lead to uneven floors and shifting interior walls. This settlement can cause doors and windows to become stuck in their frames.
- Deteriorating crawl space supports – The deterioration of crawl space supports, whether due to wood rot, excessive spanning, or moisture in the crawl space, results in sagging floors above. This shift in walls subsequently leads to sticking doors and windows.
- Water damage – Infiltration of water into door and window frames can cause warping and swelling, leading to sticking.
Typical factors contributing to foundation issues resulting in sticking doors and windows involve improper soil compaction, insufficient drainage, and natural soil shifts beneath your home.
Can You Fix Sticking Doors and Windows?
Yes, professional foundation repair solutions can fix the underlying structural issues causing sticking doors and windows.
How Baker’s Waterproofing Repairs Sticking Doors and Windows
- Foundation piers are installed to stabilize settling foundations and potentially restore them to their original position.
- Crawl space jacks are added to rectify sinking floors and ensure level walls.
- We enhance foundation drainage by implementing sump pumps and other waterproofing solutions to prevent moisture-related problems and wood rot.
- We utilize steel I-beams, wall anchors, and/or carbon fiber reinforcement to address and reinforce bowing basement walls.
Baker’s Waterproofing has specifically designed products like our IntelliJack™ crawl space support jacks and SettleStop™ helical piers to permanently repair sticking doors, windows, and other indicators of foundation problems.
Why Address Sticking Doors and Windows Issues Now?
Addressing sticking doors and windows right away is important because:
- Neglecting the underlying foundation problems will lead to further deterioration.
- Sticking and jamming can cause damage to window and door frames.
- Ongoing foundation settling may result in considerable structural instability.
- Disregarding these symptoms can lead to more expensive repairs in the future.
Surface-level repairs provide only a temporary solution; with time, the issue may persist or worsen. Continually masking the problem will lead to significant repair costs in the future.
At Baker’s Waterproofing, we offer permanent, professional foundation repair solutions to safeguard your home, both restoring and preventing future door and window issues. Our specialized products are engineered to stabilize, fortify, and potentially lift your foundation.
Contact Baker’s Waterproofing for Solutions to Sticking Doors and Windows
If you’re experiencing sticking doors and windows, rely on Baker’s Waterproofing for a thorough foundation inspection and customized solutions. Our expert team specializes in providing permanent fixes to resolve sticking and jamming issues. Contact us today to schedule a free inspection.
Cracks in walls and ceilings, uneven floors, and brick cracking may also indicate foundation issues.
Elevated humidity may cause minor sticking, but if you’re experiencing severe sticking and jamming, it likely points to an underlying structural issue.
We strongly advise against attempting DIY foundation repairs. While fixing sticking doors and windows might appear manageable, addressing the underlying cause is an entirely different challenge and necessitates professional evaluation and solutions.
Last Modified Date:
Explore more problem signs
3819 N Susquehanna Trail
Shamokin Dam, PA 17876
922 North 3rd Street
Harrisburg, PA 17102
701 North Hermitage Rd, Suite 25,
Hermitage, PA 16148
5 Industrial Road, Building B
Washington, PA 15301
201 Penn Center Blvd Suite 400
Wilkins Township, PA 15235
800 E King St, Suite 518
York, PA 17402