Wall Crack & Pipe Penetration Repair In
warrantied Repairs For Leaking Wall Cracks & Pipe Penetrations
Small cracks in foundation walls are common in homes throughout the Greater Pittsburgh area. Usually a side effect of the natural curing process of concrete, these cracks usually do not threaten the foundation.
However, even small cracks in a foundation can be a major problem if they leak groundwater into your basement or crawl space. If you'd like a free foundation crack repair quote, contact us today!
Steps to Install the FlexiSpan® Wall System
At Baker's Waterproofing, we recommend the FlexiSpan® Foundation Crack Repair System to repair your leaking wall cracks. It's a patented, warrantied repair that installs in just a few hours. To repair a flooding wall crack, we follow these five steps:
- Installation of a Drainage System Or Dry Well: If you're waterproofing your basement with WaterGuard® or another interior drainage system, the FlexiSpan® can be integrated with it to direct any potential leaks to your sump pump. Otherwise, a small dry well about 5-10 gallons in size is created at the base of the crack.
- The Polyurethane Sealant: We start by sealing the crack with a high-viscosity polyurethane polymer. This gets deep in the cracks to form a durable, flexible seal.
- Secondary Drainage Strategy: Your polyurethane polymer seal should never fail. If it ever does, though, 95% of the water should still be stopped from leaking in. To ensure a proper repair, we install a beveled foam strip on the basement wall -- one that will direct water to your basement drainage system or dry well.
- Finish the Repair: To keep your foundation walls looking great, we overlay your sealed wall crack with a polyurethane sealant. Light gray in color, it gives the repair a professional, finished appearance.
- Restore the Floor: After the foam strip has been placed and covered, the dry well is covered over with newly placed concrete. We pride ourselves on leaving our workplace clean and neat. The end result of the FlexiSpan® installation is a professional-looking, top-performing basement wall crack repair that includes a written warranty.
While leaking wall cracks must be fixed before you finish your basement, your basement walls will also need to protected from the water vapor that continually passes through concrete. Stop this moisture by installing an appropriate wall vapor barrier on basement walls before finishing!
Why FlexiSpan® over Injection?
Unlike epoxies or hydraulic cements, the special sealant used for FlexiSpan® can bond with both wet and dry concrete, and it's able to make its way into even the tiniest cracks and pores in the concrete.
Additionally, hydraulic cements, epoxies, and even polyurethane injections are not able to bend and stretch along with your foundation movement. As concrete walls expand and shrink slightly through freeze/thaw and wet/dry cycles, the bonds of these materials will fail and the crack will leak once again.
FlexiSpan® stays bonded with wall movement, and seals the crack permanently, no matter what.
Looking for a price? Get a no cost, no obligation free estimate.